Monday, March 27, 2023

2 topics I am working on at the moment


I am working on a number of projects at the moment.  Two that are related to geroscience can be summarized succinctly as follows:

(1) Abating "folkbiology" in public health.

(2) Abating "ageism" in different forms of social justice advocacy.

Hopefully more details to follow (eventually!) in the form of some new publications on these topics.  Both have really helped to crystallize my thoughts on the challenges facing the field of geroscience, as well as the obstacles I have personally faced in my own research on a topic that my own discipline (and sub-discipline) largely ignores- population aging.  And that brings to mind ideas for a possible (3) project-- approaching normative theory from the position of "empirical ethics" vs "reflective equilibrium".   

Too many ideas to work out, so little time!

Cheers, 

Colin